Monday, November 30, 2009

LAUREN McCULLOUGH

I'm thrilled that the first person to be put up on the "PWWC" blog is one of my favorite people (now alumni) from the theatre department at Pace University, Lauren McCullough. She graduated with me in 2007 with a BFA in Acting and minor in psychology. Currently Lauren works as a voice over artist in NYC and aspires to be a drama therapist. She is a talented performer and wonderful person. To learn more about Lauren, visit her website at http://laurenmccullough.com/Home.html .



Who Are You?
Lauren McCullough



What do you believe in?
I believe in love, and energy that connects us to each other and the earth.

What kind of change do you want to see? Where do you see yourself fitting into your idea for change?
I want people to work more from an empathic and sympathetic about the world around them.

If your life had a soundtrack what would be on it?
Specifically...Is This Love - Bob Marley, Pretty the World - Matt Nathanson, Unknown Thought - Pearl Jam, That I Would be Good - Alanis Morisette, In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel.




If you could be doing anything with your life right now what would it?
Go live in a house, with lots of land and trees. Record voiceovers from a home studio and work with kids using drama therapy.

I Can't Live Without...
Love and Laughter.

What are you craving right now?
Warmth and Sunshine.

Talk about a piece or art, performing arts, music or writing that changed your life...
Reading Romeo and Juliet for the first time. My entire life I have believed love is the most important thing in life. When I read Romeo and Juliet for the first time and saw the tragedy of the 2 dueling families instilled in me an eternal heartbreak for these universal misunderstandings that have occurred throughout time. And if people could just project love rather than hate there would be a lot less pain and suffering in the world. Our inability to love everyone destroys the world around us. And Romeo and Juliet is a perfect example of that. Even though these two young, naive lovers realize that love is the most important thing the world's inability to accept love forces them to do things that wouldn't need to happen
if their families would stop feeling hate.


What motivates you to do what you do?
Success, gratitude from others, knowing that I am doing something that effects the world around me.

If you were best friends with any historical figure who would it be and why?
I think Dr. Martin Luther King Jr lived his life in a way that goes hand in hand with how I would like the world to live and treat others. I would love to have been able to be a part of the work that he did. And passed it on to more people.


If you were a character in your favorite fictional storyline (this could include a book, play, film, television series etc.) what would it be? How would your character be intertwined within the story line that already exists?
This is a really difficult question. We often project ourselves as a SPECIFIC character that ALREADY exists, so to be a new character that needs to be interwined within the story makes it extremely hard to figure out a place and purpose for myself. I think that if I were going to fit into a series I would choose La Femme Nikita, which is a show about a woman you works for a government agency that fights terrorism (almost like a female jack bauer but she's doing it against her will) I would also be an agent and would be her friend in the show. The one person she could confide in because one of the show's constant story lines is how Nikita can't trust anyone. She has no real friends (and certainly not female).

Talk about a defining moment of your life. What happened? What did you take away from it?
When my Mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. It forced everything in my life to stop, and I had to stop thinking in terms of the future and the past. I could only live in the moment. Each day is a new day. And each day is a gift. I also realized that the one thing I have always
thought was most important, Love, had stopped being a priority in my life. I had stopped living my life to love and be loved. I am grateful for realizing this and being given another chance to live my life the way I want to. To make it count. Because our time is limited.

Talk about the best day ever.
It hasn't happened yet. But I know that it will.

Who is/are your hero(es)?
My Parents, My Grandmother





For more pictures of Lauren, visit: http://www.photoblog.com/ashleymarinaccio/2009/12/01/

No comments:

Post a Comment