Sunday, October 17, 2010

ALISON TANNEY

Folks, meet Alison. A fun loving, energetic, theatre geek (aren't we all). I met Alison in undergrad at Pace. She graduated with a BFA in Acting a few years after I did. I directed her in "Elegies for Angels, Punks and Raging Queens" and we were cast mates in "The Trojan Women" at Pace University. We had a blast exploring Lincoln Center and catching up on life after a few years. I definitely would love to work with her again in the future.


1. Who Are You?
I’m a funny, smart, sarcastic, animated, theater loving, hopeless romantic living in New York City. I also happen to be an aspiring actress! YAY!

2. What do you believe in?
I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason. I also believe in karma, honesty, good friendships, family, love, theater, and when I turn 24 great things will start happening in my life.




3. What kind of change do you want to see? Where do you see yourself fitting into your idea for change?
I want to see original musicals on Broadway that’s not based on a movie or anything like that. And a better economy would be nice. Also for Hollywood to STOP making remakes of certain movies. If they EVER make a remake of The Sound of Music…heads will roll!!!!

4. If your life had a soundtrack what would be on it?
This question brings me back to junior year of high school where we had to fill this question in our Soul Journal. We had to pick about 5 songs on one page…I filled out about 10 pages. Now to answer the question… Coldplay is a MUST! Also, Maroon 5, The Spring Standards, Keane, show tunes, The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Michael BublĂ©, classic rock, Disney music, 80’s music, big band music, Britney Spears, Madonna, Kyle Minogue and the greats: Barbara Streisand and Julie Andrews.


5. If you could be doing anything with your life right now what would it be?
Working in theater acting and/or directing. Yes, Broadway is a dream but I would just love to be a working actor and getting chances to direct.

6. I Can't Live Without...
Family, friends, theater, movies, television and music.

7. What are you craving right now?
To perform, sing and direct…I just want to do something creative. And chocolate.




8. Talk about a piece of art, performing arts, music or writing that changed your life...
The Light in the Piazza, The History Boys and Next Fall are the three pieces of theater that I’ve seen that has had such an affect on me. The Light in the Piazza is my favorite musical. It has a beautiful score, story and makes me wish that one day when I travel to Italy and I will meet a beautiful Italian man named Fabrizio. And seeing Liev Schreiber in Talk Radio. There was a moment in the play, unfortunately I can’t remember which part, where I stopped and said to myself, “Wow. So that’s what acting is.”


9. What motivates you to do what you do?
My theater, my family, my friends, different things I read (quotes, memoirs, etc.).


10. If you were best friends with any historical figure who would it be and why?
William Shakespeare. I honestly don’t know where my love from him stemmed from but I’ve always loved him. I did a presentation on him freshmen year of high school where I dress up like him. I think he’s just an interesting person. He wrote all of these plays and some people don’t think he did because of his education level. Also, he came up with many words we use today and there were a few “last years” where people don’t know what he was doing! So yeah, I would say William Shakespeare. On a side note, I would also want to be BFF’s with Conan O’Brien, Kathy Griffin, Joan Rivers, and Laura Linney. Just sayin’…


11. If you were a character in your favorite fictional storyline (this could include a book, play, film, television series etc.) what would it be? How would your character be intertwined within the story line that already exists?
Catherine in Proof. Proof in my favorite play and Catherine is my dream role. I know this character inside and out. She’s complex, emotional and feels alone. I want to play that part so badly! So yeah, I wouldn’t be another character in that play. Haha. I would also love to be on The Office. I could be Jo Bennett’s (Kathy Bates) niece and come to Dunder Mifflin Scranton with her to so I can learn the business and become a love interest for maybe Andy. It would be brilliant.


12. Talk about a defining moment of your life. What happened? What did you take away from it?
I don’t know if there is just one moment that’s happened to me where I’ve stopped and said, “this is the most defining moment of my life” because I’m still experiencing things and learning about myself. I’ve already had moments of realizations but I believe there are more to come.



13. Talk about the best day ever.
Walking about the piazza in Italy with my man Fabrizio….WAIT! That’s my Light in the Piazza fantasy talking! It’s really a beautiful day in the city without having to worry about something that I have to do. I would walk around, see a show or a movie, maybe spend time with a friend or go to the Met.

14. Who is/are your hero(es)?
My family, my friends, and Laura Linney (an acting G-ddess.)

See more of Alison here: http://www.photoblog.com/ashleymarinaccio/2010/10/17/

No comments:

Post a Comment